Monday, October 8, 2007

Better that I break the window, Than forget what I had to say



I find myself to be a fan of windows. Sure a breeze can float through one and you can let all the smoke out of a cooking accident out of one (not that that has ever happened to me) and if you're claustrophobic, opening a window could ease the tension. But what I really like to do is look into windows. Mostly for shopping purposes, not for creepy stalker purposes. But I do have to admit to looking into the window of a house I'm passing. Especially if it's dark out and the interior is illuminated, and the curtains pushed aside. For some reason I think this mostly happens in the fall/winter time. People have elaborate interior decorations and are just looking to share them with the passers by.

I also love the windows themselves. Stained glass, leaded glass, six over six, bay windows, window seats, window boxes, shutters...the whole package. Maybe because they let a little bit of the outside in, so that if we choose to spend an entire day in our pajamas (not, again that I've ever done that) it can still feel like we were a part of the outside world.

Funny but my least favorite thing to shop for is window treatments. Just ask my mom. I've pushed her through displays faster than you can say "valance."