Wednesday, October 24, 2007

If the Great Pumpkin comes, I'll still put in a good word for you.


I really like Halloween. But maybe I don't. After all, I don't enjoy coming up with a costume idea, making said costume and then wearing the thing. I also don't particularly enjoy scary movies, although a movie full of suspense can be tolerated and even enjoyed. I also don't enjoy dressing up, but I think that stems more from not being able to come up with a costume for the big day. It's a yearly tradition that on November 1, I have a "gadzooks!" moment when I think of the perfect costume for next Halloween. But I often forget the idea as quickly as it enters my head.

This weeks picture is from a pumpkin farm out on the east end of Long Island. I just love the color and texture of the pumpkins. Not everything has to be smooth and orange.

Happy Haunting!