Tuesday, June 12, 2007

i'm into betting


Summertime is finally upon us! Ok, so the first day of summer isn't for a couple of weeks, but still, the temperature is rising, the humidity is taking hold, and we're in the home stretch of Spring.

I took this picture back in January, at Chuck E Cheese. And before you ask, no I wasn't skulking around, trying to lure little children away from their parents. I was actually there to participate in some good old fashioned fun, with my cousins Megan and Samantha. They're 17 by the way. But they love that indoor jungle gym. As I was walking around (24 really is too old for the indoor jungle gym) I took notice of all the different games Mr. Cheese has to offer. Everything from a kid version of "Dance Dance Revolution" to "Whack a Mole" and even...this perculiar and totally fun game...lacking a name, I'm going to call it: "the coin game that totally sucks all the money out of your wallet."

The rules of the game are easy:

1. Insert coin into one of the slots

2. Try to position the falling coin so that it pushes other coins off the ledge, thereby netting you a lot more coins.

This game almost always results in losses. But it is SO much fun to play. In the adult version, instead of Chuck E. Cheese coins, there is usually a 10 or 20 dolalr bill weighed down by some coins just a hair away from the edge of the ledge. Obviously I will lay down 12 dollars in quarters for this prize.

This game is at almost every street fair and carnival for the entire summer. So play while the playing is good.