Monday, June 25, 2007

relaxing game of checkers


I can't play chess.

Wait, I should rephrase. Not that I can't play chess, I just don't know how (because you know if I did, I'd be whoopin folks like Bobby Fischer).

I've always wanted to learn though. I have to settle for the stupid man's chess...checkers. Not to put checkers down or anything, because I know it's the sacred game of my mother and my cousin Kelly (also my birthday twin, though not in year, just in day). A coworker of mine keeps a chess set on his desk and he plays periodic games with other coworkers. I've asked him to teach me. He laughed and said, "we'll see." He must know how frustrated I get when I'm learning something. But I come around eventually and it's smooth sailing from then on. Ooooh...sailing...there's a thought...

Anyone have a spare boat around?