Thursday, March 13, 2008

through the dunes



Another photo from the beach in this week's offering. I finally introduced my new car to the beach, and I chose the greatest day to do it - not.

Last Sunday it was unbelievably windy. And that's something I haven't really experienced in my new car. Because cars that are lower to the ground feel the wind less. And cars that are higher above it, feel it more. Logical. And completely terrifying. I think I might need to stop watching Mythbusters, because a while ago they busted the myth that a jet engine could blow over a school bus driving behind it.

The footage of the school bus rolling over was pretty awesome. Except now I feel like that will happen to me. It won't, but what's an irrational fear if it's not irrational?

Anyway, I drove slowly, savoring how beautiful the water looked and how blue the sky was. But I couldn't shake the nagging feeling that my car was about to become a boat.

And for all those who wish to see what the car looks like: