Monday, November 26, 2007

Airport Obsession



I think I may have mentioned once or twice that I live right by an airport. It's small, but functional. And it's sort of a thrill to drive to the supermarket and have an aircraft directly above you. Sometimes I sit, waiting and watching helicopters, planes or derigibles (zeppelins) take off or land. It's fun. Surprisingly enough, for someone who hates to fly...I love airports. I love watching people work down on the runway, love the whoosh of incoming or departing flights, and generally love people watching. This is in direct conflict with my anxiety ridden-time obsessed half, who hates waiting, delays, large groups of people, large groups of people traveling together, crying children in public places and dead ipod batteries.

I also love sunsets.

Please click to enlarge. It's just not as nice in a small thumbnail.